Wednesday, May 25, 2011

When the beat hits you, it hits you real hard.

Silence! So much silence, there is almost too much to say, lovelies!

First of all, thank you so much for your guys' enthusiasm about Heartstoppers! I seriously DID NOT expect people to actually say; oh, this sounds cool! That is amazingly nice of ya'll.

Right now, Heartstoppers is undergoing revisions, which is cool. It's actually becoming a different book, with the skeleton in place. I think I learned from writing this that I work better with a fast-skeleton set down first, and then a month or so of revisions. Does anyone else do this? Am I tres strange?

Secondly, I've been cultivating a great concept. It hit me hard when I was driving! (Which could have been scary, or bad, but I was enraptured but also in control of the wheel, so that's good!) It's super seekrit as of now, but I'm hesitant to call it Dystopian. It's set in a future world, but I'd say it's more of a thriller type of thing, without all the REALLY advanced tech. I'm not sure what to call it. It could be called sci-fi, but I know that lots of agents are scared off by that genre. :( So. Definetly a thriller, though.

Oh, and completely random; Alfredo. I think it's now my signature dish. If any of you have something to celebrate, lemme know and I'll whip you up a plate of cyberfredo.

<3

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm Cyberfredo, yes please! I recently started adding freshly squeezed lemon juice to my Alfredo and it's soooooooo good.

    I do the same "skeleton" type writing that you do. I get all the good parts down and then flesh it out with revisions.

    And congrats on the shiny new idea! I always seem to get mine while driving too. Then I send a text message to myself with some cryptic quickly typed out summary of my new idea. :)

    ReplyDelete