~~*~*~*~*Submissions for PitchWars start today ~*~*~*~
The cut off time to get your applications (query & first five pages of manuscript) in is 8AM EST on December 5.
Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Writers can apply for up to 3 coaches.
The coaches' categories are set. Coaches can only consider the categories they've signed up for. Writers cannot apply for a coach that is not in their category.
For additional information about this contest go HERE.
- This is open to finished manuscripts only.
- You may only enter one manuscript.
- Only the genres requested by each coach will be considered for the contest.
Subject line: Pitch Wars Application: Coach Name you want to apply for: Title (Example: PitchWars Application: Brenda Drake: GONE WITH THE WIND)
Name: Your Name
Genre: The genre of your manuscript
Word Count: The word count of your manuscript
Query letter here (embedded in email). Single spaced. No indents. A space between each paragraph.
First five pages of the manuscript here (embedded in email). Single spaced. No indentions. A space between each paragraph.
~*~*AS A REMINDER~*~*: You can send an application for up to 3 coaches.
***WISHLIST(now with a scary bacon face)***
All genres must be in the Young Adult (YA) category. I do not accept Adult, Middle Grade, or New Adult.
GENERAL WANTS (AKA things I LOVE to see in a manuscript)
- If you've got YA that addresses any of these, regardless of genre, send it my way!
- Quirky cast of deep, fully-realized characters
- Romance as a subplot, not the main plot.
- Main Character(s) with a strong, addictive voice. If you have a strong, unique narrator, I will definitely love love love it.
My face if you have these in your manuscript:
|but i really do like you|
SPECIFIC WANTS: (DISCLAIMER: IF YOU HAVE A GREAT YA AND AREN'T SURE IT FITS IN THESE GENRES, DON'T WORRY, SEND IT MY WAY ANYWAY)
- Contemporary: I prefer the darker, creepier contemporaries. Any contemporary with an edge (drugs, suicide, death in the family, plain old anger issues, etc) is often something I like. Thrillers and Horrors are right up my alley. Murder, kidnapped children, redemption, struggles, blackmail, mistaken identity - it spices things up. I want a legitimate sense of dread and tension. An artsy, literary twist to the work would be awesome, too; think Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma.
- Historical: I'm the biggest sucker for foreign history - usually not in the U.S. Give me Europe, Asia, Africa, all of it. Libby Bray's The Diviners is a great example set in the U.S. If it has magical/speculative elements, even better! I love reading about dresses, food, and plucky MCs who don't feel quite at home in their timeframe.
- SciFi: This genre is too often confused with Dystopian these days. I don't want future societies, but FAR future societies. Give me spaceships, space stations, aliens, lasers, viruses, robots, new planets, and crazy Blade Runner fashion. Give me grand adventures and a motley spaceship crew ala Joss Whedon's Firefly.
GOGOGO SUBMIT TO ME~~~
Check back soon for a complete list of the amazing agents participating in the contest. There's over a dozen!
Our mentors ...
Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview willdisappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit
this section of the post.